Forums · Forum link on Escargot website

bruh

0 +0

Sep 8 '20

So, if we are using this forum now instead of MessengerGeek, is a link to this forum going to be added to the Escargot website? and will the MessengerGeek link be removed?
Rating: 0

RebMillenn

0 +0

Sep 8 '20

Ultimately I'm hoping that will be the case, both for this and once Escargot can get its own forum proper. However valtron is still very lost on the circumstances involving MessengerGeek + he thinks what the forum admin has been doing (censoring users opinions on the forum, removing privileges from friends as a result of them speaking against his forum, not giving a crap about the Messenger fanatic userbase that made the forum what it was and continuing to cater to the kiddo userbase that would rather be posting about their obsessions with nostalgia every day, etc.) is forgivable and that because that forum gave Escargot a platform, we shouldn't "disrespect" it in any way. This means that for now that MessengerGeek link stays up. Sorry to break it to him, but that period of time has passed and from what I've seen of the admin's behavior, it isn't anything worth keeping a link on his forum or promoting his services for. That person doesn't deserve any recognition from us anymore.

I'm trying my best to enlighten valtron more on the matter especially considering recent events of the forum admin trying to sneakily bad mouth Escargot and the users he hurt. I am also convincing him to at least link this forum alongside MessengerGeek to see how well it will do with users (especially outside the Discord server). If it does any good, then I hope I can make him consider removing the MessengerGeek links entirely and for now have NINA linked. Once Escargot does have its own forum though, that will be linked throughout the site permanently. I really hope this doesn't end up like a 1984-type situation: people having to obey and submit to the MessengerGeek regime and the select few who do submit believing every word that leader spits out no matter what

Gamerappa!844

0 +0

Sep 25 '20

>censoring users opinions on the forum
i'm pretty sure that has only happended to me.

anyhow, i'm somewhat kinda sure that valtron hasen't even checked what is even going on with messengergeek wink.

RebMillenn

0 +0

Sep 25 '20

PF94 wrote:

>censoring users opinions on the forum
i'm pretty sure that has only happended to me.

anyhow, i'm somewhat kinda sure that valtron hasen't even checked what is even going on with messengergeek wink.

Don't drag your self-pity party over here, mister. You should know by now the censorship not only applied to you, but a few others, me included. You aren't special in that regard, and to be frank you only made things worse with what you did to him, although I won't bring that up here (and you better not as well).

That last statement however is true, which I speculate comes from a combination of his busy lifestyle and general disinterest of being a part of the community, which I can get behind but at the same time it kinda makes it hard for these types of situations where the community is in a desperate state of helplessness and when someone tries to help fix that, he's clueless as to what's going on and pretend's everything's fine, leading to not much being gained. Luckily as of recently he's been willing to let me make any change to the site I see fit along with just managing the servers however I want, and I decided to take a leap of faith and push out a merge request that replaced the MessengerGeek links with links to here. So far it's doing pretty good and I hope it'll stay that way, if at least for a good while.

(also I notice you're trying to start using greentext now. 4chan got your tongue?)

Gamerappa!844

0 +0

Sep 25 '20

>You should know by now the censorship not only applied to you, but a few others, me included.
Um... Do you have the "post needs approval" error?

>and you better not as well
I won't, i won't.

>also I notice you're trying to start using greentext now. 4chan got your tongue?
I've greentexted even before I posted a few messages on /g/.

RebMillenn

0 +0

Sep 25 '20

PF94 wrote:

Um... Do you have the "post needs approval" error?
he started in the first place.

Gamerappa!844

0 +0

Sep 26 '20

walkingphaser wrote:

Since the error you mention is also present in a few categories for others too, unless it happens in categories it isn't supposed to happen in then I can't say for certain the admin is specifically censoring you in that manner.

(kind of done manually greentexting for now, imma just use the standard forum quote thing)

While I was testing a unrelated ""filter"" (the one that detects swear words), I posted a reply on a thread on a category I thought I was censored on, but I didn't have the "verification thing". Seems like Trekie realized that I realized what he was trying to do.