Nov 22 '20

Hello everyone,

Old patching method:

MSN 1.0 - 4.7

After installing, edit the registry and change
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MessengerService\Server
to
m1.escargot.chat
You can either use the registry editor, or download and run this file: SetEscargotServer.reg

MSN 5.0 - 6.2

First edit
msnmsgr.exe
:
Then edit the registry and change
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\Server
to
m1.escargot.chat
You can either use the registry editor, or download and run this file: SetEscargotServer.reg

MSN 7.0

Edit
msnmsgr.exe
:
MSN 7.5

Replace
msidcrl.dll
with this file, and edit
msnmsgr.exe
:
WLM 8.1 - 8.5

Replace
msidcrl40.dll
with this file, and edit
msnmsgr.exe
:
Rating: 0

Nojus2001

0 +0

Nov 22 '20

I think using the Escargot switcher is way easier and safer ;) But then again it's my opinion.

TimJames47

0 +0

Nov 22 '20

Wine absolutely HATES the new patches,old ver of 8.5 was fine,now it just dies or spits out a gateway offline error,so VMWare it is

RebMillenn

0 +0

Nov 22 '20

[No message]

ExplainGuy

0 +0

Nov 23 '20

[No message]

RebMillenn

0 +0

Nov 23 '20

ExplainGuy wrote:

You're missing my point. The old patches were deprecated for a reason and suggesting that people use those if applying the new patches are "too hard" or troublesome for them is foolish. If people take it upon themselves to use the old deprecated patches that don't retain MSN's full functionality, then I can't do anything about it, but what you're essentially doing is telling people to use a solution for a nonexistent problem because they can't take the time to manually patch something, something that already has prepatched versions of itself for those who don't want to go through manually patching it. I don't see the point of pushing this other than to keep it up for archival purposes, and as I said before, trying to suggest that old and inferior patches should be "brought back" is foolish and has no purpose. You may think that you're doing people a favor, but I see this as nothing more than unnecessary complaining.

TimJames47

0 +0

Dec 8 '20

Escargot Switcher is easier to use,and if i wanna see if MSNBETA XYZ wants to connect,i can do that far easier than the old hexediting method. win10 ltsc is a dream on this lappy,but i still wish i knew why 8.5 refuses to signing with the new patches on Wine,other than the fact it thinks the gateway is offline,but eh its better overall for the project to go this way