Forums · Unable to send/receive messages on escargot chat on any client/operating system

Nokiaukkeli!616

0 +0

Nov 30 '20

Since Escargot chat got server update I have been unable to send or receive messages on my account on any supported prepatched clients. I have been trying 4.5 on windows 98 second edition, 7.5 on windows xp, vista, win7 and win10 and windows live messenger 8.1 on Windows 10. Each time I can login just fine and view my own profile, contacts or escargot today, but when try send message to contact who is online fails with "Your message could not be delivered to all recipients". Also I am unable to see profile pictures of active users even they would use messenger 7.0 or higher. If any of my contacts try send message to me, that person messenger shows it as sent but I never receive it. I have been diagnosing this issue since it started with no luck. So far been trying fresh install, change dns off from 1.1.1.1, disable windows firewall, reinstall messenger using one having new patching method from escargot website, enable and disable ssl and enabling tls on internet explorer. Could this be server side issue on my account that prevents me from sending messages? I can login just fine to client, login to escargot site and change my password but sending messages is impossible.
Rating: 0

TimJames47

0 +0

Dec 1 '20

You're more likely to get the help you need if you share this in the discord,where most of us are mpre active

Nokiaukkeli!616

0 +0

Dec 8 '20

timjames47 wrote:

You're more likely to get the help you need if you share this in the discord,where most of us are mpre active

I am not that active Discord user and prefer use this board for asking help since easier attach logs/other that might be needed to fix my problem since all I tried did not fix it.

RebMillenn

0 +0

Dec 8 '20

Have you checked if you have a firewall on and/or if port 1864 is blocked by your ISP in any way? That's where messaging services are hosted for Escargot (the original service used port 1863 for both presence and messaging servers).

EDIT: Didn't see the firewall portion. I'd still check if anything else might be blocking port 1864. I'd also make sure the friends you're talking to don't have any issues on their end.

Nokiaukkeli!616

0 +0

Dec 9 '20

walkingphaser wrote:

Have you checked if you have a firewall on and/or if port 1864 is blocked by your ISP in any way? That's where messaging services are hosted for Escargot (the original service used port 1863 for both presence and messaging servers).

EDIT: Didn't see the firewall portion. I'd still check if anything else might be blocking port 1864. I'd also make sure the friends you're talking to don't have any issues on their end.

I just verified that can access that port using multiple protocols. Friend can send message to others than me. Also second friend is unable reach only me. User images appears blank as shown on picture. Should I enable logging on my client and submit logs?

Nokiaukkeli!616

0 +0

Dec 17 '20

I made clean install, installed fresh windows messenger and enabled network log. Following type of keep repeating when send message and it says failed. I removed emails from it

[6:07:07.812] HmProt CMNSConnection::SendNetMsg@015BBC78: Sent >CHG 10 NLN 1342554148 %3Cmsnobj%20Creator%3D%22%22%20Size%3D%2217902%22%20Type%3D%223%22%20Locatio
[16:07:08.062] Net CTCPNetworkLayer::OnMessage (2) >> Got WM_WSASELECT_MESSAGE(1056) from WSAAsyncSelect for socket = 1388, error = 0, event = FD_READ
[16:07:08.062] HmProt CMNSConnection::CheckForNetMsgs@015BBC78: Recv >SBP 9 177b64dd-47f1-460b-818c-a37d57104b3f MFN <
[16:07:08.187] Voice CEchoClient::ProcessNATDetection > Phase 1
[16:07:08.203] Voice CEchoClient::ReceiveEchoResponse > Timeout 1 waiting 200ms for first response. Retrying initial send.
[16:07:08.203] Voice CEchoClient::StartNATProbe > Sent first echo request from 192.168.0.104:1307.
[16:07:08.468] Net CTCPNetworkLayer::OnMessage (2) >> Got WM_WSASELECT_MESSAGE(1056) from WSAAsyncSelect for socket = 1388, error = 0, event = FD_READ
[16:07:08.468] HmProt CMNSConnection::CheckForNetMsgs@015BBC78: Recv >CHG 10 NLN 1342554148 %3Cmsnobj%20Creator%3D%22email%40removed%22%20Size%3D%
[16:07:08.609] Voice CEchoClient::ProcessNATDetection > Phase 1
[16:07:08.625] Voice CEchoClient::ReceiveEchoResponse > Timeout 2 waiting 400ms for first response. Retrying initial send.
[16:07:08.625] Voice CEchoClient::StartNATProbe > Sent first echo request from 192.168.0.104:1307.
[16:07:08.750] IdentityCRL CIdentityClient::GetDefaultMemberName()
[16:07:08.750] IdentityCRL strMemberNameOut =

What is strange is port is not blocked but it timesout anyway. I can attach full log if neccessary

Nokiaukkeli!616

0 +0

Dec 27 '20

So far been trying following: factory reset router, check router got no IM filters, turned network security to minium, verified can access port, tried use modem tethering (mobile data instead of my cable) off my phone but none of those helped me. Users still shows without user images and any attempt send message fails. If anyone got any idea what else it could it be I would be grateful. I got msn logs I can drop with dm if needed. Just want find why it wont work no matter what I try.

Nokiaukkeli!616

0 +0

Jan 7 '21

Made log from single session with emails removed using msn network log feature. That log is mostly gibberish to me and wish someone who has been working more with messenger can read that. lines are me removing my email file and line means my friend email been removed to avoid spam/other

Nokiaukkeli!616

0 +0

Jan 17 '21

Has anyone who downloaded that been able to find any reasons to issue? Microsoft error messages are quite strange and wont make sense. Like said I have hard resetted router, did set firewall port rules off and did other things but no help

RebMillenn

0 +0

Jan 17 '21

MrScienceman2000 wrote:

Has anyone who downloaded that been able to find any reasons to issue? Microsoft error messages are quite strange and wont make sense. Like said I have hard resetted router, did set firewall port rules off and did other things but no help

From what I can tell from your log, it looks like a glitch when trying to start a conversation on the service, so it's essentially an issue beyond your network or our control. Only thing I can suggest is to just make a new account. :/

Nokiaukkeli!616

0 +0

Jan 18 '21

RebMillenn wrote:

[quote="MrScienceman2000"]

From what I can tell from your log, it looks like a glitch when trying to start a conversation on the service, so it's essentially an issue beyond your network or our control. Only thing I can suggest is to just make a new account. :/
[/quote]

Ok. Thank you for your answer. So if it cannot be fixed is there way purge my account from escargot if I give email associated with it so could make new account to escargot using same email?

RebMillenn

0 +0

Jan 19 '21

MrScienceman2000 wrote:

[quote="RebMillenn"]

[/quote]

Ok. Thank you for your answer. So if it cannot be fixed is there way purge my account from escargot if I give email associated with it so could make new account to escargot using same email?
[/quote]

No need to worry about that. You can just create a new account and (hopefully) be done with it.

Nokiaukkeli!616

0 +0

Jan 19 '21

RebMillenn wrote:

[quote="RebMillenn"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No need to worry about that. You can just create a new account and (hopefully) be done with it.
[/quote]

I think was not clear enough. I would like use same email address to new account as to old one but that is not possible apparently since email is in use and account deletion is impossible right now without issues to server apparently

Animadoria

0 +0

Jan 19 '21

Only the project owner can delete users, and he's not that active. Just create an account with a different email address.

Nokiaukkeli!616

0 +0

Jan 20 '21

Animadoria wrote:

Only the project owner can delete users, and he's not that active. Just create an account with a different email address.

Well damn. Anyway thanks for all help from moderators. Happy that got responses from someone on mod team who could help. I could not solve this otherwise. I create new account to my second email once time and let know if issue has been solved

Nokiaukkeli!616

0 +0

Jan 20 '21

I made new account and seems problem is finally solved :D . Was able send messages and data to friend. Thanks to RebMillenn for checking log file and explaining issue to me :D . I could not solve it myself. I mark topic as solved and moderator can lock it if want.